The Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is a manual technology also known as a follicular transfer (FT).
In this treatment, individual hair follicles are removed with drilling technique from one or more areas from the donor’s site, usually from the sides and the back of the head.
These individual follicles are then inserted or grafted into the bald area of the patient. During the process, an individual follicle, typically between 1 and 4 hairs are removed through the local anesthesia. The surgeons then INSERT the grafts into the bald area, thus matching it with the original hair and giving you a natural & realistic look.
FUE hair transplant procedure delivers natural looking hair with minimum round scars and keeping it less painful. This method allows the surgeon to extract hair even from an individual’s body part like beard, Chest, Thighs, back, legs which is called BODY HAIR TRANSPLANT (BHT) and it is best suited for the ones with less DONOR hair density.
- It’s a manual technique with drilling and rotation mechanism
- A single follicle is extracted from the donor area
- 1500-2000 hair follicles can be uprooted in one sitting only
- Recovery period is less then FUT treatment
- It is suitable for patients with good graft count in their donor area
- Faster rebuild or recovery after treatment
- Regain natural hair
- No stitches but small round scars are left behind in donor area
- Fewer chances of infection
Advantages of FUE Transplants :-
- Possibility of natural hair
- Traditional technology
- Continuous hair growth for the lifetime
- There are no linear scars
- Pain-free treatment
- Low risk of complications